It’s October, which tells me one thing: It’s soon time to think about decorating for the holidays. And guess who is relegated to hanging up the Christmas lights? That’s right, I am. It’s a terribly cumbersome job that I never look forward to. So this year I decided I was going to try something new. A friend told me about this product called Star Shower.
I had never heard about it and asked what it was. He told me that it is a laser light show projector that you place outdoors, point towards your home, and thousands of stars are projected. It sounded kind of cheesy but I checked it out online anyway. The commercials interested me enough that I thought that I would give it a try. Here is what I found when I put the Star Shower to use.
The Star Shower Perks
- If you hate stringing lights up on your house the laser light projector is your friend. Simply
set it on the outdoor stake, aim, and plug in. The ease of use is the Star Shower’s greatest perk.
- If you are not satisfied the Star Shower comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. The Star Shower As Seen On Tv commercial states that it is a 60 day return policy but I have not seen anything to back up this claim on their website or on my package slip.
- The red and green lasers are perfect for Christmas lighting.
- The Star Shower is lightweight (approximately 1.5 lbs) and weather resistant.
- When you’re not using the Star Shower outdoors bring it inside for a laser light show on the ceiling of a child’s bedroom.
- Covers a large surface area. The advertisement states that it covers up to 600 square feet but it might not be exceptionally bright when projecting onto this much surface area.
- Uses far less electricity than traditional lights.
Where to Buy the Star Shower
You can search for the Star Shower on various retail sites and in stores but you may not get the 30 day money-back guarantee. I recommend buying it directly from the Star Shower website. There you can choose from one of two offers. You can either buy one Laser Light for $39.99 plus $9.99 shipping and handling, or buy 6 Star Shower Lights for $199.98 and get FREE shipping and handling. Each order comes with an outdoor stake for each projector purchased. The commercial mentions the option for an indoor base but this was not offered to me when I ordered mine. Each order is backed by the Star Shower 30 day money back guarantee (less shipping and handling).
Final Recommendation for the Star Shower
If you want an easy way to decorate your home during the holiday season the Star Shower’s laser Christmas lights are great. But as I stated there are a few issues. Some of the Star Shower Lights reviews brought up issues with brightness when there is ambient lighting around the home (streetlights, neighbors, traffic, etc) and when there is too much surface area to cover for a single projector. I live in the city and although my Star Shower lights probably aren’t as bright as they could be they still look fine. As far as surface area all three stories of my home are lit just fine by the Star Shower projector.
I think that my biggest complaint is that the laser colors only come in red and green. It would be nice to use this light outdoors at other times of the year but the color options make it feel like the Star Shower is exclusively a Christmas lighting device. Another gripe is that there was no option to buy the indoor base as advertised on the commercial. I like setting it up in my kids playroom but it’s hard to center the lights on the ceiling. I don’t want to sit it in the middle of the floor because I don’t want the actual Star Shower laser to shine directly into anyone’s eyes. But I have a feeling my kid will lose interest in the light soon anyway and my Star Shower will be relegated to the Christmas decorations storage box once the holidays are over. With that said I recommend the Star Shower for any outdoor holiday lighting project.