I refuse to spend an outrageous amount of money for a decent vacuum. Refuse. So when I decided to begin shopping for a new vacuum I went to the store to see a vacuum in person. I wanted to get a good, hands on feel for the vacuum that would be cleaning my floors for the next several years. In my search I came across the Hoover WindTunnel T Series Rewind Plus. You can check out another video review for the Hoover WindTunnel below if you need further confirmation about it.
This is not to be confused with any of the several other models in the Hoover WindTunnel product line, such as the Hoover WindTunnel Air, WindTunnel 2, or WindTunnel MAX. The Hoover WindTunnel T Series Rewind Plus is an exceptional vacuum… for the price. If you are looking to use your Wind Tunnel to primarily clean carpets and rugs then this is a great value. However, a major design flaw keeps this vacuum from being a great vacuum for bare floors. The rotating brush on the vacuum head cannot be switched off. When trying to clean bare floors the brush actually pushes air out of the vacuum head and blows around any small dust particles and hair before the vacuum can actually pick it up. This is really a shame because on carpets this vacuum performs like a champ. If they simply gave the option to turn off the brush this would not be a problem. But the other Hoover WindTunnel UH70120 Pet Rewind does have this option. Same model number but different functionality. This is my only gripe with this vacuum.
The Hoover WindTunnel Perks
The advantages of the Hoover Windtunnel far outweigh the bad. Here is a quick rundown of why you SHOULD purchase this Hoover Vacuum.
- The cost. The WindTunnel sells for $99 – $120. This is a great deal for such an easy to use and efficient vacuum.
- Once you buy this Hoover vacuum there is no need to buy any other maintenance items. This is a bagless vacuum that can be emptied out by removing the dirt collector from the unit, placing it over a trash receptacle, and pressing a button. The filters are also reusable so you won’t need to buy them either.
- Indicator light lets you know when you need to change your filters.
- The brush on the vacuum head is easy to access to remove tangled up hair or string. It is also easy to access the belt that rotates the brush in case it breaks (this has never happened to me but it’s nice to know none the less).
- The vacuum weighs in at less than 17 pounds so it is light enough for anyone to handle.
- It’s a good looking vacuum. The design rivals that of the more expensive brands and it doesn’t feel cheap either.
- Cord automatically rewinds (hence the name). This is actually a pretty cool feature that frees you up from having to wrap the cord up manually.
Where to Buy the Hoover WindTunnel
You can buy the Hoover WindTunnel T Series almost anywhere. If you buy from the Hoover website you may be able to get a better manufacturer’s warranty, and you can also purchase a refurbished model if you are looking to save a couple of more bucks. Otherwise look at any major retail store or on the Amazon website. Amazon has the Hoover WindTunnel listed for $99.00 plus free shipping & handling.
Final Recommendation for the Hoover WindTunnel
I do have to stress that if you have a lot of bare floors that you prefer to use a vacuum on then this is NOT the vacuum for you. Because you cannot turn off the brush on the vacuum head you can’t use it on bare floors and get a good cleanup. You can use the smaller wand attachment (as I do) to clean up any spills on hard surfaces and it works great. But for larger hard floor surfaces I would look elsewhere when shopping for a vacuum.
However, if you have a lot of carpeted areas or rugs this is the best vacuum for the money. I don’t mind the hundred that I spent as I have nothing but carpet. Plus there are 5 different height settings that you can adjust the vacuum to so that you can make sure that you are making the closest contact possible. I have zero complaints about my Hoover WindTunnel.